Saturday, August 6, 2011

Review: Tainted

Tainted Tainted by Julie Kenner
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Concession Stand: Popcorn

This is the second book I've read by this author and I'm glad that I have at least a slightly better review this time. Again, the concepts that Ms. Kenner comes up with are intriguing and engaging but their execution falls a bit flat. At least this time I didn't have to slog through a product placement every five seconds.

Her characters are not believable and their reactions are nonsensical. Her settings are stale and flat. Her romance is all "forbidden heat" and no actual romance. Luckily for Ms. Kenner, she can apparently come up with a concept decent enough to forgive all of that... up to a point.

I plan to read the rest of the series to see where the stories goes, but I may end up having to put it down if there isn't some decent writing to bolster and support the amazing concepts.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment