Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Review: Santa Olivia

Santa Olivia Santa Olivia by Jacqueline Carey
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Concession Stand: Twizzlers

The book was okay. I think that starting out on the Kushiel's series has given me really high expectations for this author that just weren't completely satisfied by this book. There were a lot of plot ideas that just seemed to fall flat and things didn't have the kind of tied-in impact that I was hoping for. Also, if you decide to read this book because of the back cover synopsis, don't bother. Whoever wrote that synopsis obviously didn't actually read the book because it is only peripherally relevant to any of the points of the plot. All-in-all, a decent book that I'm glad I own and read, but probably not something to make my favorites list.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment